Frequently asked questions about our chiropractic care
What will happen on my first visit?
Most importantly we will listen carefully to your concerns, as this allows us to provide a tailored solution that will support you in achieving your optimum wellbeing.
We will also undertake a physical exam, which may involve:
- Checking movement quality and range
- A hands-on investigation of the affected area
- Reflex and muscle strength tests
- Referral for x-rays if required
- An adjustment using low-force techniques where required
It is very rare that you will have to remove any clothing.
What should I bring to my first appointment?
How often will I need care?
Some patients visit us for a short time to work through acute pain or a particular condition, while others visit us regularly for preventative care.
Will it hurt?
How can my child benefit from chiropractic care?
- Scoliosis – We have chiropractors on staff who are experienced in working with scoliosis in children and adults.
- Poor posture and slouching – During periods of rapid growth you may see your teenager slouching more. This is because the body is changing rapidly and there is thought to be some delay in the body’s self-awareness and postural control. Chiropractors can help to improve this. Chiropractic care can also increase strength, encouraging teens and younger children alike to be more active.
I work in an office – how can chiropractic benefit me?
” style=”height: 377px; width: 620px;”>
I am a tradesperson – can you help me?
I play a sport. How can chiropractic assist?
I want to age gracefully and safely. How can you help?
* Read more about how chiropractic care can prevent falls here.
Can you work with my other healthcare providers?
Will I need x-rays?
Our practice hours are Monday 8am-7pm, Wednesday 8am-7pm, Friday 9am–6pm and Saturday 9am – 12pm every 4 weeks.
Parking is available on James Street or Beach Street.
Reception is in the Beach Street entrance of the building.
Make an appointment
Speak to our friendly reception staff